EDF Renewables (Pty) Ltd (“The Company”), a subsidiary of EDF Energies Nouvelles (“EDF EN”) and registered under the laws of Republic of South Africa (“South Africa”), develops, finances, builds, owns and operates commercial renewable energy generation facilities in Sub‐Saharan Africa.
The health and safety of employees, contractors and those affected by the Company’s operations, as well as the protection of the environment form an integral part of the Company’s planning and decision making. The Company aims at conducting its business in an ethical manner, which strikes an appropriate and well reasoned balance between the economic, social and environmental needs of the areas in which the Company operates.
As a subsidiary of EDF EN, the Company reflects the EDF group ambition to become a reference in health and safety, and a role model in respecting and protecting the environment. This is reflected in the following Three goals: to reduce work-related accidents, to protect health, to control the environmental impact of all our activities.
The Company is committed to:
- Strengthen our health and safety organisation
- Involve managers in the implementation of our health, safety and environmental policy
- Empower employees so that health, safety and the environment become an essential component of professionalism
- Share our objectives and culture with our contractors and suppliers
- Improve well‐being at work
This policy will be implemented in accordance with relevant legislation and shall be reviewed every three years.
Signed at Cape Town, 15 December 2016.